Wednesday, January 19, 2011

real life

I have avoided creating a blog until I found out the final verdict on my Peace Corps application journey, well that and the fact that lately my life has not been a great source of excitement. The verdict is finally in and I could not be more excited. I leave for Suriname on May 3. I cannot believe it. This idea of serving in the Peace Corps is finally becoming a reality after many months of thought and prayer.

I am still in shock of the number of well wishes I have received from my family and friends. It is incredible to know that I have so many people in my life that are excited for me and my endeavors. I am honored and blessed to have been chosen for this opportunity.

"The opportunity of a lifetime must be seized in the lifetime of the opportunity." -Leonard Ravenhill

This is my real life. I have trouble believing that fact.


3 comments:

  1. Brooke,

    I am excited and proud of you! What are you doing until the departure?

    Hollyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollyn! I miss you tons. For now I am trying to let the surreal fact that I am really leaving sink in. I was given a TON of information with my invitation, so I am reading through that and becoming more familiar with Suriname and what my life might be like in the next few months.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I'm so so so excited for you, Brooke!

    ReplyDelete