Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Time Has Come

My parents made it safely to Suriname. I went to meet them at the airport, and I do not think I have ever been hugged that tightly in my entire life. It was great. They've met most of the other Volunteers and eaten a couple of delicious things. Thanks to their visit, I am able to stay at a nice hotel and take hot showers (of which I have had four. In three days). Life is especially good at the moment.

Tomorrow we head out to Malobi. It's finally time for the three of us to make the trek out to my site. I cannot believe it. I am anxious, excited, and completely ready to see my parents in my house and meeting my villagers. It's safe to go ahead and say that each of our lives will be changed because of their experience in Malobi and the Amazon.

I cannot wait to share all of our experiences and adventures after the next week. Wish us luck and say a prayer!

No comments:

Post a Comment